This week one of the THE most important events is our Year 8 Leadership Speeches which are on MONDAY 18th FEBRUARY in the MPF. This is a time where our Year 8's will pledge their promises as a leader in our school, and what they are looking forward to in the year. We would love ALL YEAR 8 FAMILIES to be in attendance to support these children at this time. We are aware that there is a Whanau Hui on later in the evening, so we would like to start at 3:15pm sharp, so we can get through each of the speeches.
LEADERSHIP PROJECTS (Year 8) and EMERGING LEADERS (Year 7) -
All Year 8 students should now be working on their 'Goal and Purpose' part of their Leadership Project. We have had discussions with all Year 8's regarding their project focus, and many have already started to note down ideas. This first stage of the project is worth 5 points and is due on MONDAY 11 MARCH - Week 7.
All Year 7's should now be working on their first task from their Emerging Leaders booklet. Today we went through some of the tasks that might be good first ones to look at knocking off.
Remember, you need to complete AT LEAST 2 tasks per term.
All Year 7 and 8's should be working on Reflections against each of the 5 Leadership Categories. Year 8's will need to be completing at least 2 a week for Capping Evidence.
COMING UP -
(CAMP WELLINGTON INFORMATION TO FOLLOW THIS EVENT)
* Sausage Sizzle - Friday Lunch (Sam Archer, Kody Ballagh, Hunter Ellis, Bella Dondero to help the PTA with this one)
Week 5 -
* Senior Swimming Sports - Wednesday (morning)
Week 6 -
* Fish and Chips - Thursday
Week 7 -
* School Tryathlon - Monday
* Pegasus Swimming Champs - Thursday (NOTE: this may effect Tech for those who are selected to compete at this event - timing yet TBC)
* School Assembly - Friday 1:40pm
Have a great week!
Kristie, Vikki and Helen.